I enjoy creating and delivering interactive workshops and trails which make the most of school grounds and support classroom based learning.
I have worked closely with many teachers to provide advice and support on how to set-up a Forest School and outdoor learning provision within their setting.
I established the Forest School area at Brockhill Country Park in Hythe and secured funding for the development of an outdoor classroom.
Westgate Gardens Physic Garden
I led the development of the Westgate Gardens Physic Garden and consulted with pupils from Simon Langton Girls Grammar School to plan and design the layout and install innovative interpretation.
Local Nature Reserve Bingley Island
I contract managed the installation of the pond on Canterbury City Council’s Local Nature Reserve Bingley Island and lead the Friends of Westgate Parks volunteer team’s ongoing conservation management of the site.
Tannery Field Wildflower Meadow
I have also led conservation projects including riverbank restoration work, hedge and tree planting and the development of the Tannery Field wildflower meadow.
What I can do for you…
I can provide advice on:
- How to set-up a Forest School
- The creation of thought-provoking Forest School and outdoor learning areas
- The creation or re-establishment of ponds, wildlife gardens, wildflower areas, sensory gardens and vegetable plots.
I provide a range of resources and practical support, including:
- Bespoke outdoor workshops
- Outdoor teaching materials and lesson plans across all core subject areas
- The development of on-site trails, which can be used time and time again to meet specific learning outcomes.
- Practical support in the delivery of Forest School and outdoor learning sessions
- Training sessions to inspire and support learning beyond the classroom
- Leading events or running creative outdoor activities at an event