As a Level 3 qualified Forest School practitioner I have over 10 years’ experience developing fun, creative and imaginative Forest School programmes, delivering sessions at a variety of parks and open spaces, schools and nurseries throughout Kent. Whilst working for Kent County Council’s Country Parks team I established the Forest School programme and site at Brockhill Country Park in Hythe and wrote ‘This is our classroom,’ A teachers guide to Forest School at Kent Country Parks.
I have designed and delivered Continuous Professional Development (CPD) training and level 1 and 2 Forest School trainings for teachers, EYFS staff and have led bespoke workshops for the Kent National Child-Minding Association.
What I can do for you…
I can provide bespoke Forest School programmes which enrich the national curriculum through outdoor exploration and hands on learning.
Forest School sessions will evolve and develop over time in accordance with the needs of participants. All sessions include work plans to help bring Forest School into your curriculum.
- I can come to you! I offer outreach Forest School programmes in your own setting or at a site in Canterbury, Kent.
- I offer one-off Forest School taster days and Introductory 6 and 12-week Forest School programmes.
- I offer significant discounts for schools and organisations wishing to develop a longer-term commitment to Forest School provision.
- I will plan and prepare Forest School sessions by working closely with class teachers/group leaders.
- I will set up the activities and provide the equipment and materials needed.
- Work plans, risk assessments and/or risk-benefit analysis will be provided to teaching staff in advance of the sessions.
- All sessions will be carefully planned, adapted and reviewed in accordance to the Forest School ethos and six principles of Forest School.
- The Forest School Association guidelines will be followed to ensure best practice.
- Participants progress reports can be provided for an additional cost.
- The Introductory 6 or 12 programme also includes a free Forest School familiarisation session.
Why establish a Forest School?
The benefits of delivering Forest School as a long-term programme:
There are several benefits that the same participant/core group of participants will receive from attending Forest School over a period of regular, long-term sessions:
- It provides the opportunity to undertake detailed observations, reflection and evaluation of their holistic development (socially, emotional and physically); this in turn allows future session plans to be adapted to the need of the individual/group to lead to the other benefits cited below.
- It gives a suitable amount of time to develop a long-term relationship with the natural environment; encountering seasonal changes helps to embed this relationship providing an opportunity to gain an understanding and impact of change
- It builds and develops social relationships and communication skills with other participants and the Forest School Leader
- It allows children to develop confidence and take managed risks
- It allows children to develop specific skills such as use of tools using fine motor skills
- It improves in holistic wellbeing (social, emotional and physical)
Price – please contact me to discuss options. I offer a free familiarization session and provide a guide for staff, parents and guardians to ensure the very best Introduction to the Forest School experience for all involved.