As the Westgate Parks Officer, I managed the conservation and community based volunteer projects in Canterbury’s Westgate Parks.
Tasks have included:
- Creation of the Westgate Gardens Physic Garden
- Creation of the Tannery Field wildflower meadow
- The installation of a pond on Bingley Island Local Nature Reserve
- River bank management and planting
- Hedge planting and maintenance
- Litter picks
- Working with school groups and running events
Find out more about volunteering in the Westgate Parksin this short video.
I have also worked alongside the Canterbury Archaeological Trust to co-ordinate 2 archaeological digs in the Westgate Gardens in 2014 and 2015.